Saturday, August 17, 2019

Explaining it is Difficult

Andrea Sorrentino and Jeff Lemire are up to their usual tricks:


These are the last two issues of Gideon Falls, for which I've heard they're making into a television show.

One of the workers at my LCS was asking about it, saying that it was getting close to time for him to start reading it. "What's it about?" he asked.

"Well..." I started, and then paused. He mentioned that it was probably a good sign that it's hard to describe. It's sci-fi, and horror, and something else wrapped up into one beautiful and unsettling story. He said someone told him it was like Twin Peaks.

I said, well, kinda, yeah, it's partially like Twin Peaks, but it's so much more, and different in weird ways. It's like a Murakami book in the sense that, after sixteen issues, I still barely know what's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment