Tuesday, June 25, 2019

FCBD Haul 2019

My LCS had far less variety this year, and I labored to find the cool bizarre things I like. But I've come to terms with that, because Free Comic Book Day isn't about me and other long-time comic collectors, it's about bringing in the occasional fan or the non-fan-but-fan-of-Marvel movies and Star Wars.

My shop gives a free book for coming, and one for each can of food or dollar donated to the Long Beach food bank. I give a ten spot, and leave with 11 books. I'll start bringing my son when he knows not to destroy the colorful paper.


The Interceptor from Vault was the closest thing to Valiant that I could find. I grabbed Spiderman for my son (destroyed), I grabbed the Captain America history magazine from 2016 for my son (nearly destroyed), I grabbed the DC Essential TPB catalog to replace the original one my son destroyed...The Star Wars, Avengers issue, Year of the Villain, tiny Catwoman thing, all for my boy in due time.

I did thumb through that Avengers issue and saw the pages of a new Savage Avengers team, with Wolverine, Elektra, Venom and Conan teaming up?

No comments:

Post a Comment