Monday, May 11, 2020

Trying to Stay Afloat

I walked by the shop in my building the other day, and Mike, one of the owners, was inside. I knocked on the locked door, and Mike let me in. We chatted about the state of stores in this new normal of pandemic closures. It was...a sad talk.

He told me that he started grouping first issues of different companies into large bags and selling them at discounted prices. He said, "You may like this one," and handed me an indie set of first issues.

It was thick and cost only fifteen bucks, and seeing as how I want to keep them in business, and he already knows me and my tastes, I bought it right then.

This was the contents:


I haven't had the opportunity to read all of them, as I'd wanted to before I wrote this up. But hell, for now this could be some content.

I did peruse the first few pages of Aftershock's The Man who Fucked Up Time, and it looks very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment